Wednesday, August 29, 2012

no more raccoon eyes!

review: anastasia's lash genius waterproof topcoat 
For a long time, I've had a lot of trouble with my mascara smudging. No matter what brand I used, I would always see traces of my "smudge proof" mascara underneath my lower lash line. I don't know about you, but that is not the kind of look I was aiming for. Even waterproof mascara seemed to make its way down and smudge!

Now, I know I have to touch up my make up now and then, but I'm the kind of student that keeps make up on from 8 am to 1 am, and I'd like to go around campus knowing that I don't look like a raccoon!

Read more to figure out what I did to fix this problem!





I was looking online one day and found a promo for Anastasia's Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat. It got a 4.5/5 on Sephora and seemed pretty promising. It claimed to "instantly waterproof, refresh, and protect any mascara all day, without drying or clumping." I was sold.

Granted, it was twice as expensive as my drugstore mascaras, but I was willing to pay the price to get rid of the smudging. Besides, Sephora has an amazing return policy so I had nothing to lose!

It's a pretty straightforward product. After you put on your regular mascara, you simply swipe this on your lashes like any other mascara. I just made sure to put it above and below the lashes (I'm sure most of us just put mascara below the lashes). The reason why I did this is because I have pretty oily skin and the mascara not only smudges onto my lower lash line, but at the end of the day, you can also find it on my eyelid; I also have a monolid so that doesn't really help my case! The product looks like a murky white color, but no worries, it disappears when you put it on!


After going a whole day with it on, I found way less smudging on my eyelid and a little below my lower lash line. I even took a little nap, and when I woke up, I found that it barely smudged! Now I know it's not perfect, but for me, it was a huge difference. I have heard that for other people (I'm assuming with less oily skin), there was actually no smudging at all! Just make sure to not put on too many coats because your lashes will become white! The product is clear and will dry clear, but I think if you overdo the layers, your lashes look like you have powder foundation on it or something...

So to the girls who have problems with mascara smudging, check out the product here! I know others have found that it's a solution for flaky mascaras, and of course, many claim that it really does waterproof your mascara better! It's worth trying out and in my opinion, worth the $21.

No comments:

Post a Comment