Friday, January 25, 2013

one skirt, three looks

When I go shopping, I try to look for staple pieces. The more staple pieces you have, the more you can change it up and create different styles with it. Don't get me wrong, finding unique pieces are just as great, but you can't get as much wear with them! Skirts are great because they're so easy to transition from season to season. (I actually wore this skirt in a previous post!) All you have to do is find some warm tights (double layer if you're on the East) and boots, and you can wear your summer skirt in winter! Just throw on a peacoat and you're out the door and ready for the cold. (Side note: can we just both agree that my smile is super goofy in this picture? Okay moving on...) Read more for details on each outfit!

Before I get into each look, I'm wearing an H&M skirt and Rachel Roy booties. 


Look One: Sweaters + Skirt 
(sweater: H&M)
(earrings: Nasty Gal)

      Winter is a season for sweaters! Sweaters add another dimension to the overall look because of its texture. Sweaters also tend to make you feel bigger just because it doesn't define your body line, but if you find a skirt that hits the smallest part of your waist, you can tuck in the sweater and not feel so bulky! 

      I also love these earrings (pictured on the left) because they're so unique. They look kind of dangerous and I admit, I poked myself hugging a friend once, but I'm obsessed!
    
Look Two: Oxblood + Skirt

(sweater: Nordstrom, necklace: Juicy Couture, belt: mom's gift)
 I've already worn this cowl neck sweater before in this post! This time, I decided to tuck in the cowl neck to create a deep V-top. What's great about this is that it completely transforms the top! This is a great example of turning one piece into a new piece by just a couple of adjustments. That way, you get more wear!

Look Three: Turtleneck + Skirt


(turtleneck: Club Monaco, belt: BCBG Maz Azria, earrings: H&M)
I feel like turtlenecks get no love nowadays, but they're warm and great for winter! Wearing one color actually elongates your body, so I decided to go with a completely black look, while adding accents of gold and yellow. 

New post coming out soon!

1 comment: