Saturday, January 19, 2013

grandma chic

I want to start off by saying that with the new year (I know I'm a tad late on saying this...), I'm aiming to have at least one post every week. I intend on sticking with this for the whole year so I hope I don't disappoint! But back to this outfit ... I have a tendency to gravitate towards pieces that are a bit outdated in style but I absolutely love them. This thick cardigan I'm wearing actually reminds me of something a grandma (with no offense to any woman, any age) would wear, but I love the classic look of this white and black color palette accented with gold buttons. I paired this with jeans to make this outfit more casual, and chose to wear my matching cap-toed flats. As for accessories, I added a gold mustache necklace as an attempt to make this look less ... for a lack of better words, uptight. ;)

(cardigan: H&M, black tank: Forever 21, jeans: Paige Denim, necklace: Brandy Melville)
(flats: Tory Burch)
I recently went to the Tory Burch store with no intention of buying anything but fell in love with these flats. I'm personally not a huge fan of the typical Tory Burch flats with its huge logo in the front, but I've always like the brand's clean style. I'm still breaking these in ... but as I walk around, I jokingly murmur to myself, "Beauty is pain." ;)

Next post: "one skirt, three looks"

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog off LaurenConrad.com's forum! I'm your newest follower and excited to see your upcoming posts
    XO Courtney
    Follow me at www.unpredictableandchic22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like my blog!
      I'll definitely follow :)

      xox

      Delete